Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thirty Days of Gratitude-Day 1: President Monson

Part of me is really hesitant to even begin this, knowing my crazy schedule and love for sleep. But I figure, what better way to really celebrate Thanksgiving than to truly think about what I'm grateful for? So here goes nothin'!
Day 1: President Thomas S. Monson

Today I had the rare opportunity of listening to President Monson speak, in person! He came to the BYU devotional and delivered a superb message about being an example and the importance of gaining our own individual testimony through the Book of Mormon. I am continually amazed by our Prophet of God. Not only is he a Prophet during these trying final days, but he sets an example to the world in so many areas. I absolutely love his ability to make a serious subject lighter without distracting from the Spirit. What a blessing it is to have a living Prophet on the Earth today to give us revelation from God. Any man who can bring a chatty audience of over 50,000 people to silence simply by walking into the room  is undeniably a man whyo carries the Spirit of Christ with him. I am truly grateful for the opportunity I've had to listen to his words of wisdom and counsel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment