Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 28: Education

What a blessing it is to have the opportunity to further my education. Attending BYU has really been one of the greatest things of my life! It has been completely opposite of what I expected it to be. It's so wonderful to have professors who feed me temporally and spiritually. The great thing is they don't just tell us information trying to blindly lead us into the church's point of view. They help us challenge the way we think. I never thought that in a History of Psychology class I would learn about how I need to be more altruistic, approaches to missionary work in different countries, the role of the Atonement in change and therapy, the list goes on. But BYU is just one source of this learning. I've realized everything provides us the opportunity to learn!


There are times when I get so depressed thinking that my college life will one day end. Not just because I love this lifestyle, but I love that everyone day I get to learn something new. I really love learning about pretty much every subject under the sun. But the great thing is that we get to spend the rest of our lives learning! It never has to end! There are billions of books with millions of subjects that can always be studied deeper. There are seminars and speakers, neighbors with stories, never ending information! I'm so glad that we get to learn! Even though I hate finals and homework, I love having the opportunity to further my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment