Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 11: Veterans

I'm ashamed to admit that I spend more than the first half of my life completely ignorant of the sacrifices being made in my behalf. As another Veteran's Day rolls around, I can't help but reflect on the many blessings I have, all because of a select few willing to sacrifice everything for this great land. If you follow my blog, I'm sure you're  aware of my feelings of patriotism and love for this great land. I cannot comprehend the magnitude of what I've been given because of the men and women of the armed forces. Today I am grateful to have the freedoms I do. More so, I am grateful for those who have given those to me. And while I will never be able to express how I feel towards them, there is a large place in my heart of our veterans. As I texted my brother on Veteran's day, he replied stating that he is the last person he think of as a Veteran. For him, he thinks about those like our grandfather who left for a war honestly not knowing who would win. So here's my shout out to all the Veterans out there. May God bless you into the eternities for all you have done.

To my brother: Thank you. You have set an example to me, our family, friends, and nation. You have done something that many will never be able to do, and for that you are a real hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment