Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13: Revelation

Where would I be without the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life? *Shutter* I don't even want to think about it. Today as I sat through Ward Conference, I had question after question answered with each lesson. What a blessing it is to be able to receive personal revelation. From the blanketing feeling of reassurance, to the burning anxiousness of knowing something different needs to be done. I have been blessed with a Patriarchal Blessing, General Authorities, the Book of Mormon, the Ensign, lesson manuals, prayer, church meetings, religion classes (even regular classes), firesides/devotionals, missionary letters, all of which provide opportunities to receive revelation. All that being said, I'm realizing how rare it is that I actually take the time to receive that personal guidance. Eeek! Step it up, Bec! 


Time after time I am slapped in the face with the realization that my wisdom doesn't come close to being enough.  I need it. Every single day! I am grateful for that still small voice that helps me along the path of life. My dearest friend, Elder Brock Mays, said "God doesn't use a floodlight when he can use a flashlight." How true that is! I am so very grateful for those promptings, big and small that help me to make the choices that will bring others and myself great happiness. The church is true!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment