Sunday, August 22, 2010

So Long, Summer

I am reluctant to admit that my summer has officially come to a close. As I sit in my apartment and reflect on the last four months, I can't help but miss my wonderful family and dearest summer buddies. I'm not one to dwell on the past, but I certainly enjoy the memories. Some of the highlights? 
Cheesecake from dearest Portia. 
Jake returning from Afghanistan. 
Beach camping with my family for a week. 
Snatching a friend's beloved book.
Jump roping with seaweed. 
Singles ward with Marie and Rachel. 
Institute with the BEST man I've ever met, President Monsen (Stake President, not the Prophet).
 Toilet papering Ryan and getting away with it
Learning to play tennis and getting my butt kicked every match. 
Many good talks with my wonderful Father. 
Giggle parties daily with Mom and Abby. 
Family Reunion at Heber Valley. 
Learning who my true friend are. 
Countless fires with kids I wish I had known were so cool sooner. 
Great talks and star gazing with Ryan (currently Elder Frandsen).
 Being too lame to actually play frisbee, but watching on many accounts.
 Being asked if I did drugs by anonymous SSHS alumni. 
Long talks with Marie. 
Buying a new truck.
Palisades with my dear friends.
Many sad, but joyful farewells.
Sleepover with Allie, including Pride and Prejudice
Making fun of "The Lovely Bones"
Thinking there was a cougar wanting to eat us up Monrovian. 
Realizing it is possible to stay close to your friends, even after you've all moved away. 
Watching Cats 101 at odd hours of the night. 
Meteor shower-including being creepers to some fellow South Sevierians. 
Relearning to play the piano. 
Attempting to go to Seven Peaks but DI shopping instead
Overall, it was the best summer of my life. Nothing is greater than friends and family, hands down. I'm so blessed to have been able to enjoy this summer to the extent that I did. It wasn't all fine and dandy, but I learned alot-mostly to appreciate each person in my life. I realized every day is a gift from our Heavenly Father and we must treat it so. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll have the happiest life possible having learned these things, Becca. --it's like the song says, it's not having what you want, its wanting what you have--and when you appreciate all you have, you recognize the gifts in life! I'm happy for you!
    Love you.
    Auntie Ginny
    ps You are one of the gifts in my life

    ReplyDelete