Sunday, December 25, 2011

Another Christmas, Come and Gone!

I can hardly believe another Christmas has come and gone in the blink of an eye. This Christmas season passed far quicker than I hoped it would! I've been able to spend my break in Phoenix (as usual) with my dad's side of the family. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by people you love, even when you only get to see them once a year.

Through trials and changes, I've realized how much of my life I spent focusing on myself, instead of on the Savior. As I read the story of the Savior's birth, I realized just how little I understand. Christ was born in the most humble of circumstances. Yet, He was perfect in every way. Who am I to blame my imperfections on a situation or environment? So, this Christmas I've decided to recommit. I want to keep the spirit of this season with me throughout the year. As each day passes, I find more and more imperfections that I have, more that I can improve on, more that I can become. I am overwhelmed by the amount of footage I need to cover to become like the Savior. But I have an increased desire to know my Savior. Not just know about Him, but to KNOW Him and love Him. So as this wonderful day of peace and joy closes, I am humbled by the progress yet ahead of me to become like the Savior. But I am learning, as Mary did, that "with God nothing shall be impossible".

No comments:

Post a Comment