Friday, December 10, 2010

You Live and You Learn

I can hardly bring myself to believe this semester has come to a close. In some ways, it's been the longest four months of my life!!! But in others, it seems like I was just barely unpacking my boxes into my new apartment and ready for new adventures. I strongly believe that if you don't learn from the lessons in life, you have to live them again. So I've made a list (big surprise) of the things I've learned this semester. Enjoy!!
  • Humility is one of the most important attributes to have. It is also one of the most rare.
  • Patience doesn't mean enduring. It means enduring well.
  • I fail at having patience.
  • It's okay to admit you messed up.
  • The best way to make a problem grow is complain about it. Trust me, I would know.
  • Sanpete County definitely isn't Sevier County, but it's a lot more beautiful than I ever allowed myself to believe.
  • Having peace, solitude, and personal time is ESSENTIAL to survival.
  • True friends are hard to find and always where you least expect them.
  • The friendships that matter most don't die from distance, whether it's Ukraine, Cedar City, Salt Lake, or two blocks away.
  • You can't fix imperfections unless you accept that they're there.
  • Environment makes or breaks you.
  • Guitar is A LOT harder than I ever imagined.
  • Success isn't getting straight A's. It's doing your best.
  • Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should.
  • Most of the population lives in a mentality of "ignorance is bliss".
  • Reading your scriptures and saying your prayers every day DOES make life easier.
  • I CANNOT WAIT TO GO ON A MISSION!!!!
  • As if I didn't know it before, but my family is EVERYTHING.
  • My Mom, Pa, Jake, and Abby are my greatest heroes.
  • Sometimes it it next to impossible to make yourself like something you don't.
  • As hard as you might try, there are somethings you will inevitably change because of the people you're around.
  • I'm a hopeless romantic.
  • Those who think they know everything know nothing and those who think they know nothing have it all.
  • I really really like making lists.
  • If you think you are, you're probably right. 
  • Success isn't the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
  • Blogging is a bigger failure than I expected.
  • Standing up for myself and being assertive is something I don't think I will ever master.
  • There is nothing that makes me more proud than watching my friends go on missions.
  • Saying nothing can say it all. You don't have to speak to be heard,but that doesn't mean it's the best form of communication.
  • I cherish the quiet more than I ever thought I would.
  • There is a fine line between confidence and conceitedness.
  • It's not always the thought that counts.
  • I better get used to marriage because there's plenty more to come.
  • As soon as you think you understand, everything will change.
  • Happiness isn't about smiling or saying how great life is. It's about peace and content in your heart.
  • God made us unique for a reason. We'll never be truly happy until we find that uniqueness, accept it, and flourish in it.
  • Not caring what other people think is very hard, but essential to personal growth.
  • "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"-Leonardo Da Vinci
  • Regret will give you nothing but heartache.
  • Sometimes being happy takes a conscious effort. But's it's worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive list, Becca. I need to take notes for myself! Love ya, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't agree more Mom! You sure have learned a lot in only 6 months. You sound very wise Becca. I miss you! Oh, and you need to post more often!!

    ReplyDelete