Saturday, August 28, 2010

Miles Don't Mean Anything

My dear friend, Taylor, recently had me listen to a song that I literally fell in love with! The chorus to "Miles Don't Mean Anything" by Eye Alaska goes a little something like this:

Cause when it rains, it pours in this town
A little darkness closes in
When you're not around,
I hope somehow that you can feel me
'Cause miles don't mean anything

More than time exists
Over the momentary fix
'Cause I've never felt so strong
Maybe I'm just wrong
But I don't think so
And Miles don't mean anything
Miles don't mean anything

I've caught myself thinking of this song often. At this point in life, it seems that everyone who is dear to me is farther away than they've ever been. The reassurance? Miles really don't mean anything to true friends

To my Dad, Mom, Jake, and Abby: You've been there for me through everything and loved me no matter what. No matter how far away you are, you'll always be my four favorite people. Nothing makes me feel better than being with you. We've been through it all, distance means nothing at this point.
To Marie: You're THE greatest friend anyone could have ever asked for. It's going to take a lot more than 120 miles to put a damper on this friendship.
To Rachel: You have incredible potential. No matter how far away we are, I know you're somewhere doing something great with your life.
To my dearest Callie: I hope Ukraine treats you well. For only knowing me for exactly a year, you understand and care more than friends I've had my entire life. Meeting you changed my life and I can never forget the impact you've had on me.
To all my old roommates: You guys were the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. No matter how far apart we all are, you will forever be my second family.
To Elder Hammer and Elder Frandsen: I've never been more pleased with two young men before. No matter what separates us, you two mean the world to me and you will never know how much I've been missing you.
To Portia: Distance has separated us yet again, but you're in my thoughts and prayers every single day. 
To Taylor, Orion, and Logan: You guys meant more to me than I ever allowed myself to admit. I wish you the best with everything that comes in your life. 
To all my cousins and extended family: Even if we only see each other a few times a year, you're on my mind daily. Nothing allows me to glimpse the happiness of eternity better than spending time with you. 

Although this recent adjustment to a new place and new setting has been harder than I ever imagined, one thing I can always count on is knowing there are people scattered across the world who love me and care about me. I treasure knowing how many people are there for me, no matter how far away they may seem. The heart knows no distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment